Monday 22 March 2010

CERIST AQUATHLON

Last race of four in the Cerist Aquathlon series today. Three out of four count towards the series, and as I could only do two, there's no hope of winning. So, the only thing to do, is try and win the race today.

Early start at 5.30am to get to Machynlleth for 8am registration. Swim leg is 400m with a 5km run to finish off. As there are only four lanes in the pool, it took some time for my turn to come up Anyway off I go. Although my 400m swim time of 5m 29sec is slower than the usuall, it still the best time of the day. Next came the 5k run, and at half way I was 5 seconds up on the opposition. A the finish I recorded a 5k time of 18:15. Like the swim, it was slower, giving me 7th overall on the run, and 3rd overall in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment