Friday 13 May 2011

Moel y Gest

It was the 5th race of the Tuesday night series, oddly enough, last Tuesday, 10th May at Moel y Gest near Porthmadog. It was only my second race of the series, as they clash with a Tuesday night time trials organised by Clwb Rasio Mona.
70 runners turned up to the race, slightly less than the usual turn out, but with excellent runners none the less.



Race started slightly late, but off we went wearing my Inov 8 X Talons 212's. A good start which saw me up with the leaders, on the flatter stuff, before we started the ascent to the summit of Moel y Gest at 0.8kM. My usual problem re occurred when mountain running, when my lower back started to hurt, but I know that usually happens, so carry on regardless and make the most out of a great run.

A good turn out to watch the end of the race as well. I came in 11th overall, 1st U18 and an Easter egg for my trouble.


Report of the race can be found on the Eryri Harriers website, with race pictures on SportpicturesCymru.

No comments:

Post a Comment