Wednesday 17 August 2011

Brynsiencyn Time Trial a la Marc Jenkins.

The weekly time trials organised by Clwb Rasio Mona are varied and a good test of your time trialling prowess, and as they are the same few over the season, you can see if you are improving.
The Brynsiencyn time trial is an 8 mile out and back course, with a few bumps, but not too many. Your start position depends on what time you arrive , and as I'd made an early start fom my house about 11 miles away, to be in time for the 7pm start, I was number 4. I noticed after I'd paid that my front tyre was flat, but a quick re inflation with a track pump, and all seemed ok!!
The race started at 7, with me going off at 4 minutes past the hour. After the good warm up, my ride, I thought, was really good.

I travelled the 4 miles to the turn around point, and made my way back to the finish. After about 5 miles, I noticed that the front of my bike had dropped slightly, to my amazement, I had a puncture, I should have known earlier really, from the flat tyre at the start. Off I came, and as I had no spare tube nor puncture repair kit, I started to run the rest of the 3 miles. Marc Jenkins came to mind, when in the 2004 Olympics, he carried his bike for 2kMfollowing a collision, and although he didn't get a medal, he still finished, what a hero. After about 1.5 miles, my father arrived in the T5 Transporter, after one of the other triathletes, Arthur Connell had alerted him to my plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment