Sunday 30 May 2010

Ras y Gadair

The annual Ras y Gadair (Cadair Idris) fell race yesterday, so time to have some rain. Dry conditions at the start gave false hope as the rain came down heavily further up the mountain.
My usual U16 category was replaced with U18, which meant I had to run the official 10k (actually 11.2kM) with the senior runners, before turning back for home and allowing them to go to visit the giant Idris at the summit!
I was in the main pack on the first hill climb of the day, which is actually the road leading up to the mountain. At my turning point I was 16th, but came home in my X talon 212's to take the win in my first U18 race.

Pictures of the race can be seen on Sportpicturescymru and Fellrunningpictures, with a race report from the excellent website Mud Sweat and Tears.

My younger brother, Rhys, also got in on the action, by winning the U14 category.

No comments:

Post a Comment