Saturday 5 June 2010

Salford Quays Aquathlons Race 1

I nipped over the border to Salford, England on Thursday, in order to take part in the Salford Quays Aquathlon series organised by Manchester Triathlon Club.

I was taking part in the youth category, which involved a 400m open swim in the Salford Quays, followed by a 2.5kM run.

Sunny weather welcomed all the racers, and a balmy 15.4C water temperature meant that wet suits were optional, although everyone was wearing one.

A good start saw me up with the leaders, and after 400m I was third in a time of 5.55, before having to leave the senior athletes to complete another lap, and the start of my 2 lap, 2.5kM run along the Quays waterfront.

A tricky transition followed, as I had a bit of a problem removing my wetsuit. Food for thought, and some practice before the next race on the 17 June.

Conditions were hot during the two laps run, and I came home in a time of 8.36. Total time for the race was 15.30, which included the slow transition.

Race report can be read here, and pictures can be seen on the sportpicturescymru website.

No comments:

Post a Comment