Tuesday 28 September 2010

Anglesey Festival of Running 10km Road Race

I was down to do the Fleetwood triathlon on Sunday, but as there was a local road race on my doorstep, I decided to head over to Anglesey to do a 10kM race.

A sunny but cold day greeted all the runners, not only doing the 10k, but also a 5km race, half marathon and a marathon!

A good start to the race saw me up with the leaders, and after about 3kM we'd broken away from the rest of the runners. At the halfway point, the two senior Eryri athletes runnig with me started to pull away, but not too far as I fought to stay with them.

As I ran into the Anglesey showground, I knew that a PB was on the cards, and I came home in a time of 36:15, over 3 minutes quicker than my previous 10k run.

Results are here with sime oictures on sportpicturescymru.


Patron of the Festival - Colin Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment