Tuesday 26 October 2010

Revolution Bikes Winter Cyclo Cross Series

It was the second of the Revolution Bikes Winter Cyclo Cross Series, on Sunday 24th October at Bethesda, on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. Again, blue skies greeted a depleted field of 21 cyclists. Discussions were abound as to why, but there were a few other races on the day. The Coed y Brenin off road duathlon and the Border League 10k race at Caernarfon to name but two. However, I think the main reason was that this race was also a duathlon, consisting of five laps riding, one running, 5 cycling and finishing off with another run. This suited me just fine due my triathlon background, and hopes were high of a good finish.

Problems with my pedals, saw me at the back of the pack, so some serious riding had to be done in order to get back with the leaders. The heavy rain on the previous days, had made the course wet, but it wasn't muddy.

A new longer course going in the opposite direction to the same race two weeks ago, made it slightly easier I thought, but still challenging.

On the first run lap I was comfortable as my triathlon training saw me running strongly, as some of the others suffered with jelly legs following the bike ride.
A few more laps on the bike, with another run lap saw me passing two more, to come home as first junior, and sixth overall. Two wins in two races, sees at the top of the leader board. The new bike worked well, along with my X Talon 212's, which worked extremely well in the wet conditions.

Great pictures can be seen on the SportpicturesCymru website.

Busy weekend next week, with the second round of the North Wales Cross Country League, followed the next day by another cyclo cross race.

No comments:

Post a Comment