Tuesday 15 March 2011

Moel Wnion Race

It was my first fell race of the season on Saturday, at Moel Wnion.
The 4.5m (7.2km)1800ft (549m) climb started at Abergwyngregyn, with a steep ascent to the summit of Moel Wnion. Runners from the friendly Hunters Bogg Trotters came down all the way from Scotland, together with runners from Ambleside and Mercia and the local clubs meant that the field was quite strong.

I warmed up on the roads with my new Inov 8 Road X 255's, which, as soon as put them on my feet felt extremely comfortable. More from me on the new road shoe, as soon as I get a proper chance to use them.

I was competing in the same race as the senior runners, but in the U18 category. I was about 6th at the top of the first climb
but lost places on the way to the summit. The X Talons 212's coped well, with plenty of grip, which gave me the confidence to run hard on the way down,

I passed 13 runners, to come home in a time of 45:28, coming home in 1st junior and 19th overall position.
Good day’s running with a welcome panad and something to eat at Yr Hen Felin, Abergwyngregyn.

More pictures can be seen here, courtesey of Pete Mac and on Al Tye's Fell Running Pictures website. Race results can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment